“Yoga is not a work-out, it is a work-in. And this is the point of spiritual practice; to make us teachable; to open up our hearts and focus our awareness so that we can know what we already know and be who we already are.” — Rolf Gates.
If you feel the need for a more tailored approach, then private yoga tuition in the comfort of your own home might be just the thing.
Reasons to consider private yoga tuition
- Address a specific issue you’d like to work on e.g. stress management, anxiety, fatigue, posture, or back pain
- Prioritise your own wellbeing with a holistic and personalised yoga practice
- Develop awareness and understanding of your own unique body, patterns, habits and thought processes
- Build confidence before joining a class for the first time
- Receive support to develop your own regular self-practice
- Yoga that fits around your schedule and comes to you
I have a particular interest and specialism in teaching one-to-one to alleviate the symptoms of stress, anxiety, depression, burn-out and fatigue. My approach starts where you are, working with the energy you are experiencing on any given day and supporting you to a place of balance. I bring together yoga philosophy, emerging neuroscientific research, alignment principles and a personalised approach to help you get to know yourself better and find your way to wellbeing.
I have completed one of the only training courses in the UK on teaching yoga one-to-one (Kate Ellis Yoga) and this training, alongside my own practice and experience, informs my approach.
Before confirming the first session I will arrange a 15-minute telephone consultation to discuss your aims and needs, and to make sure we both feel comfortable to work with each other.
£45 per 1-hour session when booking a package of 6 sessions (£270)
£50 for a single 1-hour session
These costs apply if you are based within 1 mile of Caterham (rail station). Additional costs apply for a further distance; for hiring a space instead of tuition at your own home; and for small groups of more than two people – get in touch for more information about any of these options.
Scroll down for terms and conditions.
Want to know more?
One of my clients has written this testimonial to help you get a sense of what private yoga tuition with me is like:
I am a woman in my mid-twenties and have had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/M.E. for 11 years. After finally discovering the best doctors for my condition a couple of years ago, I am finally on the path of recovery. My specialists have often recommended yoga to me because it is a practice that works with rather than against the body, allowing it to access a calm and healing state. After trying yoga DVDs, other yoga classes, and a couple of different private teachers, I couldn’t get into yoga and reap it’s benefits until I found Beth.
Before our first private session, Beth took the time to speak with me at length in order to hear about my specific situation and requirements. She showed real understanding for what I had to say and was keen to work with my individual needs, which really put me at ease. With private tuition we are able to begin every session with a chat about how I’ve been feeling: from my health, to my psychological wellbeing, to my quality of sleep, to any stress I’ve been experiencing. After hearing me out, Beth is able to personalise the session to cater for exactly what I need that day!
I have been taking sessions with Beth twice a week for the past nine months and will absolutely continue to do so. Physically, our sessions have gently strengthened and stretched previously weak and tight muscles; activated muscles I never even knew I had; and improved my sleep, posture, and stamina.
I have also learnt the valuable art of deep breathing and its ability to immediately calm the system. This is aided by the way that Beth guides me through a session with her relaxing voice, which teaches the body to move with the breath, allowing me to let go into an almost hypnotically tranquil state as I flow from one posture to the next. These postures are often demonstrated by Beth herself, and, because it is one-to-one, she is able to carefully observe my form and tell me if I need to adjust it, she may even adjust it with gentle pressure from her hands.
Beth is always alert to my comfort, often using blocks or pillows to support my body in certain positions. We end each session with some guided meditation where Beth’s soothing voice encourages me to focus on my breath and fully relax every inch of my body.
Over these months, I have recognised significant improvement in my ability to meditate and to practice yoga with a peaceful mind. Controlling and casting off stressful or negative thoughts is one of the greatest benefits of yoga and meditation for me, and my practice with Beth helps a great deal with this.
Each session with Beth is always an absorbing experience where I emerge feeling at peace, even if my day has been a stressful one. The lessons learnt from Beth’s yoga infuse more tranquillity into everyday life and I am more in tune with my body and its relationship with my mind.
If you are considering private tuition in yoga I could not recommend Beth any more highly, her presence alone is comforting and I feel blessed to have found her!
If you’d like to experience the benefits of yoga for yourself in a supportive one-to-one setting, or if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Terms and conditions:
- All private tuition classes are pre-payment only. Bookings are not confirmed and the time slot is not secured until payment has been received.
- Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Rescheduling is possible if the booked session is cancelled with at least 24 hours notice.
- Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice cannot be rescheduled. This does mean that even in the event of illness or accident you would be required to pay the full cost with no rescheduling possible.
- Each package of six sessions is valid for 12 weeks following the first session. All six dates must be agreed at the point of booking.
- You are responsible for obtaining medical advice before practicing yoga, and for listening to and respecting your body and limitations. You participate at your own risk.
- Prices are subject to review and change.
Don’t hesitate to contact me.