“Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured, and endure what cannot be cured” – B.K.S. Iyengar
There are so many benefits of a regular yoga practice – here are just a few:
- Find ease in your body – energy, rest, balance, strength and flexibility.
- Calm your mind, and increase your emotional resilience as you navigate the stresses of modern life.
- Manage and ease insomnia, fatigue, and pain.
- Ease symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Get to know yourself better – how we are on the mat is often how we are in life.
- Become more mindful and present in your life
- Get in touch with your intuition and inner wisdom.
- Become more accepting and appreciating of yourself just as you are.
- Develop more compassion for others and for the world around you.
Neuroscientific research is only just beginning to uncover and explain how yoga works, and I love hearing about these findings and how they overlap with the ancient yoga philosophy. I like to keep up with this emerging research so don’t be surprised if you find me sharing some of this in my teaching and my writing!